Consumer Electronics

Monday, April 13, 2009

How can I export in 1440x1080 while maintaining 16:9?

I recently got an HV30 and I've been trying to figure out for DAYS this 1.33 / 1920 stuff. The thing is, I am using After Effects, when I import the captured 1440x1080 footage it recognizes the file with a 1.00 aspect ratio (so the video looks like 4:3) I click on Interpret Footage and change "Square Pixels (1.00)" to HD Anamorphic (1.33) and the video looks in widescreen now. However, no matter how I export it (AVI, MPEG...) it always renders it squeezed to 4:3. I AM NOT getting widescreen.



The export files you specify are standard definition. That is why After Effects makes the anamorphic squeeze to fit 16:9 widescreen into a 4:3 container. When anamorphic SD is played back, it has to be expanded again to get the widescreen effect.





To save the HD source as HD and not be converted down to SD as you are doing now, you need to export as an HD file type.

No comments:

Post a Comment