Consumer Electronics

Monday, April 13, 2009

My camera is taking cloudy pictures, where do I take it to get it fixed?

I dropped it in the tub a few months ago, but barely before I caught it. I'm sure this is why the lens is "cloudy". The pics come out looking hazy, although, you can still see the pic pretty well. It is a Nikon Coolpix. Can I take it somewhere to get it fixed.



don't take it to be fixed, open up all the "doors" of the camera cover the lens to protect it. Place the camera with doors open into a bag of rice. Make sure it's completely covered by rice. Let sit over night. Clean out all rice so none is stuck inside camera parts. Let dry more with doors open. Check the next day to see if the cloudiness is gone. If it is, you just saved yourself a bunch of dough. If not bring it to a Ritz Camera if you have one.




Any service or camera shop could help you if it's just trapped water/condesation...





Always use strap to avoid dropping the camera!




just take photos on a clear sunny day, I couldn't resist; lol.




mackcam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment